Home Remodeling Dos and Don’ts
- Don’t neglect your home. Do maintain and enhance the value of your home with maintenance.
- Don’t try complex remodels on your own. Do call a professional home remodeler to get the job done right the first time and save yourself time and money.
- Don’t necessarily hire the cheapest remodeler. Do a thorough check on the home remodeler’s experience, references, and qualifications, such as membership with the BACC or NAHB Remodelers. Use these interview questions to identify the best home remodeler for your needs.
- Don’t lose patience during the home remodel. Do prepare yourself for challenges and realistically understand the time and money your home remodel may require.
- Don’t try to remove or deal with lead paint on your own. Do call a professional home remodeler or remediator to minimize exposure to lead paint.